Maturity is a crucial characteristic for companies to emerge stronger from the pandemic. A key indicator of a company’s maturity is the extent to which finance leaders embrace the discipline of financial planning and analysis. Yet despite recognizing the inherent benefits of scenario planning, finance leaders struggle to determine in advance which scenarios to prepare for.
CFO’s webinar features a step-by-step approach to scenario planning that applies essential principles of FP&A and identify the drivers to support your company’s future growth.
- Identify and distinguish among assumptions, drivers, and constraints that underlie your company’s plans
- Determine the degree of control, if any, your company is able to exert among drivers that have the greatest influence on your company’s financial health
- Collaborate with teams outside finance to define thresholds concerning drivers, and communicate which actions are necessary
- Recognize when your company needs to reconsider assumptions, drivers, and constraints on which its plans depend
- Establish a culture of analysis and planning that extends beyond finance to guide your entire company in times of crisis or calm