Skyworks Solutions, Inc offers diverse standard and custom linear products supporting radio frequency and communication systems. Through their innovative, high-performance semiconductors, Skyworks enables breakthrough communication platforms for global industry leaders.
- Business Growth Drives Increasing EPM Requirements – Facing growth and new opportunity in the business, the finance and accounting community needed to expand reporting and planning capabilities quickly
- EPM Platform Decision Point – Skyworks had an existing footprint of Oracle EPM on-premise applications that were in need of an upgrade
- Inefficient Metadata Management – Manual management of finance and accounting hierarchies across ERP and EPM applications led to longer planning and reporting cycles and was prone to inconsistencies and errors
- Oracle Enterprise Planning Cloud (EPBCS) was implemented as the foundation for go-forward planning and reporting. Existing applications were migrated to the cloud and a combination of Oracle out-of-the-box modules and custom applications were deployed to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud (EDMCS) was deployed to streamline hierarchy maintenance. Automated imports, subscription policies and exports ensure data stewards engage in enrichment activities in one platform. Change management workflow experience ensures full, accurate alignment across ERP and EPBCS.
- Scalable Cloud Planning and Reporting – Skyworks was able to avoid a costly on-premise upgrade while significantly expanding EPM capabilities quickly in support of the business
- Increased Coordination and Agility – EDMCS metadata hub provides a guided experience for Chart of Account maintenance and team collaboration in one platform, enabling the business to compare, rationalize and model ERP and EPM metadata in a central repository
- Capabilities Expansion – The solution design allowed Skyworks to gradually adopt new elements of Oracle Cloud in a modular way on top of a robust Planning, Reporting, and Master Data Management foundation