Reduce US Oracle Support Costs by up to 50% with TRI, a Peloton Consulting Group Company Managed Services
TRI, a Peloton Consulting Group company's track record of success is well known across Latin America and Asia, but many of our clients are not aware of the major Oracle support transitions we’ve lead for clients based in the United States. Below is the story of one client who, after becoming frustrated with the high costs and sub-par performance of their Big Four consulting partner, decided to move all Oracle related managed services to TRI, a Peloton Consulting Group company . Eighteen months later and we’ve been able to reduce their support costs by more than 40%.
Case Study – Global Construction and Utilities Infrastructure Company
The client is the largest U.S. based manufacturer of composite wind blades for the high-growth wind energy market supporting global wind turbine manufacturers. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ with 2018 sales in excess of $1 billion, the client has deployed Oracle EBS to more than 8 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia.
About the Relationship
- In early 2018, dissatisfied with their Big Four partner’s performance on a global project, the client reached out to TRI for help with support and stabilization.
- TRI’s approach included deploying a lead consultant on-site in Arizona to work as an extension of the client’s internal IT team. This team was augmented with functional and technical expertise delivered during US business hours from TRI’s nearshore support group.
- The scope included: Oracle EBS version 12.1.3 with Financials including Project Accounting and Fixed Assets, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Manufacturing, Oracle SR Support, Report Development and Automation, Documentation, and the Quality and Engineering modules.
- Over time TRI has evolved in to a key part of the client’s IT leadership brain trust and provides managed services that include tier 1, 2, and 3 break/fix support, report and code enhancements, patch management, training, strategic Oracle advice, and deployment guidance on existing projects.
- Following stabilization activities, TRI worked closely with the client providing consulting and support on all Oracle global initiatives.
- Transition from the current partner to TRI had to be managed carefully to reduce risk related to highly customized reports and extensions built by the partner.
- Strict internal audit requirements restrict flexibility within IT operations - TRI, a Peloton Consulting Group company and the client’s internal IT teams often must adjust to changing audit requirements while maintaining the flexibility to support the business needs of a rapidly growing global footprint.
- FAIR hourly rates reduced client’s Oracle Support costs by more than 40%
- TRI works locally as an extension of the client’s team. The relationship is a PARTNERSHIP rather than a Service Provider oriented dynamic, and the improvements have been noticed by business users across the client’s global offices
The TRI a Peloton Consulting Group Company Difference
TRI, a Peloton Consulting Group company has a family oriented culture which extends to our customer relationships. At the end of the day, what we have is a group of experienced Oracle consultants and support professionals from all over the world who enjoy working together. We believe that you can run an IT project or support a global business and have fun doing so, even in the most challenging environments. If you are interested in seeing how our approach might benefit your team.