Northgate Market is a privately held and family-owned Grocery Store chain based in Anaheim California. Northgate owns and operates 40+ supermarkets with over 6,000 employees across Southern California. They provide the highest quality merchandise, fresh and prepared foods, and personal services including financial service centers, urgent medical clinics, and a non-profit.
- Outdated Solution – Microsoft-based platform no longer aligned with business requirements and presented scalability challenges for continued growth.
- Decentralized Data and Processes – Planning, reporting, and financial models were maintained in multiple offline files, providing difficulty to create a single source of data.
- Manually Intensive Process – Previous platform lacked the reporting and analysis capabilities required to proactively manage their changing business needs.
- Processing Time – Leadership requirement to greatly reduce processing time and operational costs of financial transactions, in addition to reduce paper and Excel-based processes and forms.
- Oracle Cloud ERP Financials – Implemented Cloud ERP Financials to drive operational efficiency and enhance financial transparency as part of Phase 1 of Northgate’s implementation.
- Modernized Technology Platform – Best-in-class cloud solution that would scale with Northgate’s business and allow them to remain competitive in the grocery industry.
- Phased Implementation Roadmap – Peloton will be working with Northgate Markets on a phased Oracle Cloud journey for Oracle Cloud ERP, EPM, and Data Warehousing.
- Automated Invoice Approvals – Visibility of this information led Northgate to enhanced invoice approval rules and a reduction in invoice cycle times.
- Automated Methods of Payment – Analysis of payment processing showed improvement in the reduction of manual checks with the ability to move to automated methods of payments and reduce risk.
- AutoLockbox – Reduced the amount of lost checks and late cash applications through implementation of an AutoLockbox.