Brenntag is a world leader in the distribution of chemicals and raw materials. The multinational company manages complex supply chains for both chemical manufacturers and consumers, simplifying market access for thousands of products and services. It combines a global network with excellent local execution.
The project’s primary objective was to leverage native Oracle ERP Cloud technology to increase visibility into day-to-day operations and better manage business compliance information and documentation. Peloton Latin America helped Brenntag design and implement the necessary configurations and integrations to integrate critical data and processes across multiple departments and geographic locations.
By transparently bringing important status and compliance information together within Oracle’s transportation management system, Peloton and Brenntag were able to reduce the risk of delays and penalties related to properly calculating freight taxes that had been a pain point prior to the project.
With impressive growth year over year, driving the need for a more robust way to manage its international supply chains, Brenntag needed to replace a legacy system that had been used internally for transport management for many years.
The main commercial challenges were:
- Compliance of inbound and outbound processes
- Local and global cargo tracking
- Delays do not board
- Visibility of goods in transit
- Resistance to change
Brenntag and Peloton worked very closely to implement OTM best practices and to focus on change management to facilitate user adoption. This partnership has provided Brenntag with the following transportation management benefits:
- Optimization of transport operations
- Faster shipping processes, less delays, faster delivery times
- Improved customer service
- Unified supply chain processes across geographies, modes and carriers
- Improved visibility and security
- Local and global freight tracking on a single platform
- Integration with the Brazilian freight and tax system
- Integration with Oracle SCM and the Salesforce platform
Peloton was selected to implement Oracle Transportation Management specifically because of our global and Latin American expertise, bilingual capabilities, and OTM experience and leadership in Brazil.