Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is an American management consulting firm founded in 1963. The firm has more than 90 offices in 50 different countries. Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities.
- Outdated Hardware/Software – Hyperion was running an outdated version of Windows OS, causing performance / stability / security issues. Also looking for an opportunity to save on spend by removing reliance on their on-premise infrastructure
- Hyperion Version Reaching End of Life – Hyperion was running on the 188.8.131.52 version, which would reach end of Premier Support in 2021, presenting a risk to BCG
- Value Identified for Leveraging Cloud Allocation Solution –Current allocation process lacked transparency and was difficult to maintain, which highlighted the value of leveraging a purpose-built cloud solution that was part of the Oracle Enterprise
- Upgraded to Oracle EPM Planning Cloud – Migrated 7+ Planning Applications to an Enterprise Cloud Planning environment, that met all of their functionality needs including planning forms, reporting, data and metadata loads, etc.
- Recommended Enhancements in Cloud Planning Environment – Provided weekly hands-on education sessions to support BCG in optimizing their usage of the features of the cloud environment by prototyping areas of the solution they would benefit from
- Implemented Profitability & Cost Management for Allocations – Replaced their current allocations process with a purpose- built allocation engine
- Eliminated Expenses Associated with On-Premise Servers – Reduced costs by migrating Planning to the cloud, reducing server and support costs
- Established a Solution that Enabled Oracle Cloud Best Practices – Migration to the cloud eliminated the need for future costly upgrades and enables BCG to leverage many of the best practices available in the cloud – automatically enhanced to the latest version
- Visibility, Flexibility & Maintainability of Allocation Solution – Increased visibility into the allocations process, along with the ability for the solution to evolve with the growing organization and the ability to more easily maintain the companies allocations through the usage of Profitability and Cost Management