Cost analytics helps $5B property and casualty insurance firm reduce planning cycle time by 50%
- Strategic Shift – Company was experiencing high period of growth within it’s FP&A organization.
- Inadequate Top-Line Modeling Loss and Analysis – Segmented internal and external reporting was not meeting needs
- Inefficiencies and Inaccuracies – Excessive effort was required to maintain multiple systems, home-grown model, and Excel models
- Lacked Visibility into True Drivers – Expense Allocations were overly complex and detailed
- Increased Efficiency and Accuracy – Leveraged enabling technology to increase efficiency and accuracy around financial and expense report planning while designing and delivering improved capabilities
- Streamlined Allocations – Reduced 16 use cases to 2 use cases and simplified 50+ methodologies to ~20
- Provided Data Accuracy and Consistency – Architected a solution with five integrated models inclusive of a data sync layer
- Enhanced Driver Based Methodologies – Created ability for company to use key business drivers to model new strategies to drive top line growth
- Improved efficiency and development time for Segment P&L by 50%
- Reduced planning cycle time by 50%
- Increased Planning and Forecasting accuracy to within +/- 5%
- Provided visibility and transparency into key business information to management
- Empowered the FP&A team to leverage the enabling technology for their business functions.
- 100% Adoption enabled rollout to large set of users